About the Company:
We are an independently held full-service technology, sales, and creative design company headquartered in Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada. We are a small team that works together collectively, harnessing the energy of designers, programmers, technologists, and thinkers to bring innovative solutions to your organization.
Under the direction of the Director, you will fulfill the day-to-day requirements in our outsourced IT function. Some of the routine duties would involve performing desktop and user support (software and hardware) for our clients in the Fraser Valley; providing network support, installation and troubleshooting; maintaining inventory control; performing wireless LAN maintenance; and providing Windows Active Directory user maintenance service including Exchange Mailboxes and file server.
Myriad Information Technology Solutions is looking for a System Administrator – Tier 2/3 Support to add to our growing technical team in Chilliwack providing remote and onsite technical support to all clients at various support levels.
• Assist with establishing project scope and design workflow solutions for our clients while ensuring client satisfaction during the entire process
• Assist in the creation and vetting of Statements of Work, as well as other pre-sales activities
• Participate and lead whiteboarding and design sessions with clients
• Troubleshooting of varied issues in remote desktop environments, virtual servers
• Design new Windows and Linux virtual environments, with the creation of new application servers, SQL databases, AD servers and Web Servers.
• Planning and executing the migration of server environments from physical and virtual to virtual
• Planning and executing O365, G Suite and other services migrations
• Creating and managing tickets, managing IT-related alerts and notifications
• Act as the final point of internal escalation
Demonstrate Team Leadership abilities and lead by example in areas such as:
• Creating, Documenting processes and best practices for new products and technologies
• Mentor and create documentation/knowledge base articles for Level 1 and 2 support to allow them to successfully complete routine tasks and troubleshoot the infrastructure under management.
• Coordinating the work for other team members
• Continuous improvements for System Architects’ products, processes and client environments
Technical Skill Requirements:
• Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2012R2-2022
• Good knowledge and experience with MS Hyper-V, VMware and other hypervisors
• Take care of the management of the private cloud and ensure the proper functioning of data backups of all servers
• Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows Desktop OS
• Knowledge and experience with backup technologies such as Windows Server Backup, VEEAM
• Excellent knowledge of Firewall and VPN Solutions
• Knowledge of Synology NAS devices
• Excellent knowledge of Windows Remote Desktop Services
• Implementing and managing security solutions to ensure the safety of clients’ systems and information.
• Examining the management controls within infrastructure and business applications (IT audits).
• Completing and scheduling ticket requests and managing daily time entries.
• Contributing to client business development, spotting new opportunities, and enhancing relationships.
• Addressing emergency and after-hours tickets when required.
• Experience with configuring and managing network infrastructure including, Ubiquiti, CISCO and Fortinet devices.
• Have at least 5 years of experience in a highly technical role, including system administration.
Additional Technical Skills would also be beneficial:
• Experience working with ticketing systems, RMMs and asset tracking systems
• Knowledge and experience with PHP, HTML and WordPress
• Knowledge about VMware Horizon, Azure Active Directory, AWS, Hyperconverged
• Knowledge of VOIP concepts
• Knowledge of CCTV and NVR Systems
• Knowledge of Managed IT Services concepts
• Knowledge of Process Frameworks
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both IT and business personnel.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and stressful environment
• Desire to learn and take on new responsibilities
• Strong attention to detail
• Valid driver’s license
• Extended health care
• Vision care
• Dental care
• Vacation & paid time off
• Education reimbursement
• Company events & social hours
– All offers are subject to the satisfactory completion of a police criminal record check.
*We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.*
Job Types: Full-time
Location: Local only, Chilliwack, BC, Canada